No-Bake Date Energy Balls Recipe (Vegan)
I’m completely self-aware of not being a talented baker (my 2 batches of muffin turned into hard-rock fudge) so it only makes sense to give these ‘no-bake’ energy balls a shot. And like a normal human being who works 8 hours a day, my fridge and pantry aren’t the most accommodating during weekdays. I couldn’t find a recipe that make use of all the leftover ingredients, so I decided to do a spin-off. These no-bake date energy balls (vegan) turn out to be rawsomely delicious, and it only makes sense to share the recipe so that everyone else can enjoy these healthy treats as well!
No-Bake Date Energy Balls (Vegan)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup flax seeds, grounded
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (I use Navitas)
- Process almonds in a food processor until finely chopped and set aside. It’s ok to have some chunks as this will give some great, crunchy texture.
- Add all the dry ingredients (cinnamon powder, sea salt, grounded flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts and cacao nibs) into the food processor to mix evenly and set aside (or you can manually mix them in a large bowl like I did).
- Add boiling water over the chopped dates and mix gently. Pour the sticky date mixture over the dry ingredients then add in coconut oil. Process them in a food processor (or you can manually mix them like I did). A thick dough-like paste will start to form. *If the date mixture doesn’t hold all the dry ingredients, add in a few more chopped dates to bind.
- Roll into small to medium (Timbit-sized) balls and place them in a wax-paper lined container or tray. *You can also spice things up by coating the balls with un-sweetened shredded coconut (about 1/2 cup).
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes and then preserve in airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also pop them right away!
Enjoy and feel free to share your comments below.